Surface treatment for NovaNox®
Surface treatment in tube processing is a process to improve the properties and appearance of the tubes. Various methods are used to clean, smooth, protect or finish the surface.
The choice of the appropriate surface treatment depends on the material and the application of the pipes. NovaNox® offers you a variety of options for the optimal surface treatment of your tubes. We take into account your individual requirements and wishes. Ask one of our experts here how our surface treatment can also help your order.
Chemical and mechanical surface pretreatment
Common surface treatment processes include chemical and mechanical surface pretreatment.
Chemical surface pretreatment refers to the treatment of metal surfaces with various solutions without the use of electricity. This removes dirt, grease, rust or oxide layers and ensures optimum adhesion and corrosion protection for subsequent coatings.
Common chemical surface pretreatment processes include:
- Cleaning and degreasing: This involves rinsing or dipping the metal surfaces with organic solvents or emulsifying cleaning agents to remove contaminants such as oil, wax or dust.
- Pickling: This involves treating metal surfaces with acids or alkalis to dissolve rust or oxide layers and produce a smooth and clean surface.
Mechanical surface pretreatment refers to the processing of metal surfaces with various tools without the use of electricity. Stubborn impurities are removed, the parts are degreased and the surface is roughened or smoothed.
Common methods of mechanical surface pretreatment include:
- Grinding: This involves using abrasives such as sandpaper or grinding wheels on metal surfaces to smooth out irregularities and create a smooth surface.
- Brushing: This involves using wire or plastic brushes on the metal surfaces to remove loose particles such as rust or dust and create an even surface.
- Blasting: This involves bombarding metal surfaces with abrasives such as sand, glass beads or steel balls to remove solid contaminants such as old paint or scale and create a rough surface.
NovaNox® has many years of experience and state-of-the-art equipment for the chemical and mechanical surface pretreatment of your metal pipes. We offer you different processes, depending on the material and the field of application of your pipes. We guarantee high quality, safety and reliability of our services.
Surface coating for NovaNox®
Surface coating is an important process to improve the function and appearance of metal pipes. In this process, a solid layer of another substance is applied to the metal surface to change or complement the properties of the base material.
At NovaNox® we offer the following surface coatings:
- Painting: In this process, a liquid or powder coating of plastic or resin is sprayed or dipped onto the metal surface and then dried or cured. Painting is used to protect against corrosion, wear or chemical influences and to give the surface a visual appearance.
- Electroplating: This involves the electrochemical deposition of a thin layer of another metal such as zinc, nickel or chromium onto the metal surface. Electroplating is used to protect against corrosion, wear or electrical influences and to improve the conductivity or gloss of the surface.
- Enameling: In this process, a glass-like coating of silicates and oxides is melted or fired onto the metal surface. Enameling is used to protect against corrosion, wear or thermal influences and to create a smooth and hygienic surface.
- PVD/CVD: In this process, thin layers of metals, alloys or ceramics are deposited on the metal surface by physical (PVD) or chemical (CVD) vapor deposition. These processes are used to improve the hardness, wear resistance or temperature resistance of the surface
NovaNox® has many years of experience and state-of-the-art equipment for the surface coating of your metal pipes. We offer you different processes, depending on the material and the field of application of your pipes. We guarantee high quality, safety and reliability of our services.
Contact us here today for a no obligation quote!